Sunday, June 7, 2009

I'm A Cover Girl!

Who knew that Terry and I were going to be stars on the cover of Cottage Life Magazine?

Since we bought our cottage about 15 years ago, I have been an avid reader of Cottage Life. Last summer I was very excited to actually have an item published in the magazine, a small bit about potato gun fun at the cottage. The article even evoked some controversy. Something I wrote caused some one living in Korea to write a letter to the editor! Terry was upset someone had the nerve to criticize the use of potato guns, (or was he just trying to protect my honour???)The writer thought it was a disgraceful waste of food, shooting random potatoes into our lake. I was just excited it was published and got a nice cheque to go along with it!

The cover pic was taken when we decided to attend the Cottage Life show in Toronto. One of the booths offered to snap it if we took some survey about cell phone use. A few days later we received an email with our picture superimposed on the cover of our favourite magazine! I am just curious about what an accompanying article would be about.

No comments: