Sunday, June 21, 2009

Summer's Official Arrival


I just arrived home from a great week-end at the cottage. Saturday rained all day which meant I got caught up on some school work, read a bit and relaxed a lot. Today was FABULOUS weather. I woke up with the sun shining through the windows and I could just feel the summer heat. Today is officially the first day of summer and the weather certainly agreed!

Terry and I finally got to put the docks in the water. It meant I had to go in the water too! We normally do this much earlier in the year and the water is freezing cold. Today, once I got over the initially lake water shock, it felt wonderful. It felt like summer.

So, to recap……..today is June 21st, the first day of summer,I went swimming in the lake…..but the real official sign of summer.........I have a sun burn!!!


Is there anyone out there more excited about the arrival of summer than me?

No comments: