Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Guilty Pleasures




According to Wikipedia (the ultimate source) a guilty pleasure is “something one considers pleasurable despite feeling guilt for enjoying it Often, the "guilt" involved is simply fear of others discovering one's lowbrow or otherwise embarrassing tastes, rather than actual moral guilt.”

Here is my top ten list of guilty pleasures:

1. Staying in my pajamas all day.
2. Eating chips and dip without anyone watching (no judging, no sharing)
3. Sunday night during the summer…….no setting the alarm….no work in the morning
4. Reading a trashy novel until it’s finished
5. Not wearing a bra
6. Re-telling a good rumour about someone who mistreated me.
7. Teaching kids an important lesson without actually covering a “Ministry Expectation”
8. Watching Fox news……..it’s like an accident, you know your shouldn’t be slowing to look but you just can’t help but watch the spectacle
9. Wearing jeans to work even if it’s not “Dress Down Day”
10. Creeping through Facebook and finding out your kids did OK


Are there any I missed?

1 comment:

Jenn Jilks said...

You are so funny. I often wish you were my principal!

Now that I am retired: not getting dressed for a week, or putting on make-up.

Having no real purpose in life! And being able to take time for me!