Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Advertising in the Age of Blogging




I am not really sure why I blog but I know I have no allusions of making money at it. Nevertheless some time ago I signed up to allow advertising on my site. After reading the fine print I finally figured out if I blog enough and get enough “hits” over a period of years, I will be able to buy a pack of gum.

I am amazed at the ads pasted to my blog.

When I first started blogging many of my posts had to do with cottage life since it was the time of year when all things in our household revolve around the cottage. The ads for most of my posts were sites for cottage related items as well as cottage rental sites. Because the ads so quickly appeared after hitting each new “send” button, I pictured someone in a dark suit and skinny tie like in “Mad Men” just waiting for me to be inspired to blog and to set me up with a suitable sponsor. Lately however, I have become worried my sponsors have not been as suitable as they once were. Here is a list of some of my recent blog themes and the attached ads:

The Holiday is Over (Terry cutting up our Christmas tree in a million pieces)
Ads:
  • Toronto Junk Removal
  • Christmas Hair Styles

Happy New Year! (About finally becoming an empty nester….again)
Ads:
  • Dating at Match.com
  • Sponsor a Family Member

Enjoying Christmas Vacation (a list of all the things I did over the holidays including watching the entire Season 4 of Dexter)
Ads:
  • Explaining Death to Children

If there is anyone out there interested in removing junk from Toronto while sporting a cool Christmas hairstyle with your new date from Match.com all while welcoming your newly sponsored family member here to explain death to your children…….I will share my pack of gum with you.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It isn't hard at all to start making money online in the hush-hush world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat make money[/URL], You are far from alone if you don't know what blackhat is. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or not-so-known avenues to produce an income online.