Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. In order to avoid eating all of my lunch before lunch time and starving the rest of the day I have decided to add breakfast to my Brown Bag Challenge. Last week after a long day of prepping at school I almost made a pit stop for a bagel on the way home. I white knuckled it and hung on until supper time.
So tomorrow being the official first day of school and in my mind, New Year’s Day I am going to start packing breakfast as well. Most people actually eat breakfast when they wake up at home. I however can’t seem to eat that early and I am too stressed in the morning to waste precious time eating. Once I get to school and get everything and everyone in their place, I will take a ten minute break and eat breakfast. (hopefully this will occur before lunch time)
My breakfast is a combination of all of the advice I have heard from Dr. Oz and from what I have read on the internet (it must be true) I am putting together an oatmeal concoction with the following ingredients:
- Oatmeal(of course) – the real stuff, plain oat flakes – it has fiber's cancer-fighting properties
- Soy Milk – better than cow’s milk because it is higher in protein (will stay fuller longer) and is made from beans -so even more fibre
- Frozen Fruit (even though this is the best season to get fresh Niagara fruit, I am aiming for convenience here) –counts towards my daily five servings of fruits and vegetables
- Walnut - omega 3 fatty acids and antioxidants (and fibre) - and walnuts taste good!
- Cinnamon - One study found that smelling cinnamon boosts cognitive function and memory and it is also a great source of……wait for it…………fibre!