Monday, May 24, 2010

Bonding Week-end



Today I woke up and the first thing I did was check my Facebook page. I would like to say this was an unusual occurrence, but pathetically this has become my normal routine. One of my facebook friends, although actually she is more of a facebook acquaintance has the same astrological sign as me. I am afraid to sign up for certain “apps” as I have enough spam sent to me as it is, so I was very excited to discover a few weeks ago that through Pamela, my Cancer sign horoscope gets posted each day. Today stated:

Family is what is really important today. Some of your family members are feeling a little neglected. If you've been a bit too busy to give your family the time they deserve, take today to give them the attention they deserve. Catch up on what's happening in their lives. Let them know what you're up to. Do something together. An outing to the beach or park picnic or nice family dinner would be enjoyable for all.

I immediately thought of my daughter Jennifer as I have been feeling guilty lately that I have not communicated with her enough. As she is living three hours away and is busy with her life, and I am busy with mine, it has been hard to connect. However, today who should appear at my door, my middle child Kaitlin and we spent a glorious day together.

It was fabulous weather, being the May long week-end and Kaitlin and I spent the whole day inside on opposite couches……….. on the internet. It did not take long upon her arrival for Kaitlin to admit the reason for her visit was because I have internet while her internet was cut off when her roommate moved out last week. The nerve of Bianca to move out just prior to the week of all the season finales!! So while Kaitlin caught up on Gossip Girl and One Tree Hill, I watched a few episodes of “Nurse Jackie”. Can you feel the emotions of the mother-daughter bonding????

The icing on the cake of this sentimental visit was when Kaitlin asked me what song I wanted to be my ring tone when I called her on her iphone. Of course I immediately said…….a “Backstreet Boy song!!” We listened to a medley of BSB songs while we reminisced about the concerts we saw together when Kaitlin was in grade 7 and 8. Good times remembering Howie, AJ, Kevin, Brian and Nick at Darien Lake and Copp’s Coliseum………..when she still thought I was kind of cool………..times have changed!

No comments: